1.Begin by installing tftpd32.exe or any other TFTP Server of your choice. a.http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ 2.Open up the TFTP Server 3.Make sure your current working directory includes the “swi” file that will be used for the upgrade.
Note that if you do not specify the flash destination, the TFTP download defaults to the primary flash. For example, to download a software file named T_13_23.swi from a TFTP server with the IP address of 10.16.34.3
1. Execute the copy command as shown below: ProCurve # copy tftp flash 10.16.34.3 T_13_23.swi The primary OS image will be deleted. continue [y/n]? Y
2. When the switch finishes downloading the software file from the server, it displays the progress message Validating and Writing System Software to FLASH...
3. When the CLI prompt re-appears, the switch is ready to reboot to activate the downloaded Software.
4. Use the show flash command to verify that the new software version is in the expected flash area (primary or secondary) ProCurve# show flash Image Size(Bytes) Date Version ----- ---------- -------- ------- Primary Image : 6737518 07/25/08 T.13.23 Secondary Image : 6126444 05/25/07 T.12.09 Boot Rom Version: K.12.12 Default Boot : Primary
5. Reboot the switch from the flash area that holds the new software (primary or secondary). After the switch reboots, it displays the CLI or Main Menu, depending on the Logon Default setting